The role of Board Chair is one of the most complex and important jobs that any person can assume. It is a commitment to mission-advocacy, best business practices, organizational well-being, share and/or stake holder accountability in a job where the buck stops at the Board Chair level.
Enormous stress can be an expected part of a Board Chair’s job and the literature is clear that Board Chairs must keep raising their game and have their thinking usefully challenged for the good of their organizations.
Just as CEO’s must routinely make decisions concerning matters they’ve never before tackled, “What got you here won’t keep you there.”
We offer two Coaching opportunities for Board Chairs:
1. Individual Board Chair Coaching Program: Many consulting companies offer coaching services. Our “special sauce” is that we offer coaches to the Board Chair who have actually served as Board Chairs and Executive Leaders in organizations. This is not a feature to take lightly. Until one has sat in the seat of Board Chair responsibility, it is very difficult to understand and empathize with the true emotions and thought processes that one goes through.
Our Board Chair Coaching Program provides the following components:
- Leadership Biography & History
- Assessments of Motivation & Leadership Skills
- Leading the Board and Executive Team
- Tailored Coaching Support with Re-Assessments
- Respect for the Journey!
2. Board Chair Mentor Groups: We run short term and longer term Board Chair Mentor Groups composed of Board Chairs and led by a seasoned member of our Team who has both Board Chair and CEO Executive Leadership experience. Topics include:
- First Time Board Chair? Make it the Best Time!
- Running a Great Board Meeting
- Partnering with Board Members to Advance Strategic Agendas
- Partnering with the CEO
- Engaging the Employees in the Mission, Purpose & Vision